1. Faith: The attitude of faith is essential to our congregation. Why? Because childlike faith is essential to pleasing God. Therefore, we encourage our people to exercise childlike faith in their approach to life & ministry. We also do our best to inspire our people to encourage one another and build one another up during our gatherings.
2. Hope: Hope is something that we all need to thrive. Hope is a powerful emotion that stimulates life within each of us, and has the same effect on our church as a whole. We encourage our people to share stories from their lives that bring hope to the surface during our gatherings.
3. Love: Yes, love, along with faith and hope, are qualities that trump the spiritual gifts people possess. Love, is spelled out in scripture as follows: Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. (1 Cor13.4-7). At Boundless Grace we make loving people a top priority. We accept and embrace people from every ethnicity, age, religious tradition, and political persuasion.
4 . Prayer: We value prayer and try our best to make room for prayer in our services. We also encourage our people to pray for one another as we become aware of the needs of our people. It is not uncommon to see someone praying for another person during our worship gatherings.
5. Praise: We value a climate of praise and worship and our musicians do their very best to choose music that is praise centered. While we value introspection and contrition, we believe praise best creates an atmosphere that inspires people to enter into God's presence.
6. Biblical Instruction: We believe that faith is stimulated in the context of solid biblical instruction. For this reason we teach from the Bible every Sunday and do our best to help people understand the Bible and apply it to their daily lives.
7. Redemptive Relationships:
We place a high value on relationships at Boundless Grace. We think that people grow in the context of caring relationships. We demonstrate this value in four ways: 1) We encourage people to either become a spiritual mentor or become a disciple of a spiritual mentor. Mentors are people with the knowledge and ability to help others grow in their faith and knowledge of God . This is what we refer to as discipleship. 2) We encourage people to cultivate relationships with people both outside the walls of the Church with the hope that they too will see their need for faith and encouragement that the Church can provide. 3) We encourage our people to get involved in a midweek life group with other like minded people for fellowship, bible study & prayer. 4) Our worship gatherings are formatted around a fellowship setting-we even have a coffee break in the middle of our service. 5) We intentionally refuse to load our church calendar with activities and meetings. We want our people freed up to connect with friends, neighbors, co-workers, and family. Cultivating relationships with people takes time and we want our people to be involved in the lives of other people, both in the Church and in their world.
We believe the gospel travels best across relational bridges.
8. Divine Appointments: We encourage our people to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit throughout the week, believing that God enjoys setting up divine appointments for the purpose of helping people discover the knowable God.
9. Authenticity: We insist on people being themselves, "no mask required." We find hyper spirituality weird and we want know part of it. We cautious to avoid becoming spiritually pride-the worst type of pride.
10. Grace over guilt: This value is demonstrated by a refusal to be the moral police in others lives. We believe that grace teaches people to live holy, not judgment. Jesus said, I did not come to condemn the world, but to save it. We think his approach was effective in his day, and will be so in ours. This value does not mean that we ignore sin, but rather, we gracious and prayerfully try to persuade people to turn their lives over to the Lordship of Jesus Christ in the context of relationships and teachings.
11. Faithfulness : The first wave of Christians were devoted to one another. As a result, these radical believers rocked their world for Christ. Therefore, we are not bashful to ask people to commit to our Church by attending regularly, serving cheerfully, giving generously, and loving radically. We desire to shape culture rather than be shaped by it.
12. Generosity: The scriptures tell us that it is better to give than receive, and that God loves a cheerful giver! Yes, we encourage people to share their recourses with those in need, both in the Church and those outside the four walls of our Church. Of course, Boundless Grace is supported by those who attend. We don't pass the plate at BG we simply place a basket in a visible place in our facility and trust that God's people do their part to keep the ministry going.